March 28, 2012

I have a 2 month old?

I sat him down in his bouncer to pick up some things around the house and I could hear him in the living room talking and almost laughing while I was folding clothes. I had this moment like "Whoa! I have a baby! That baby in there is mine." I am still amazed that Mr. Z and I made this little person. He is really starting to come alive with personality and it's only the beginning. I feel so blessed that God chose us to raise this perfect little creation, to teach him about his creator. Every moment with him is beautiful, even the frustrating ones, because he is God's son, made in his image, and entrusted to us for this time and season.

Baby Z, I have cherished these first 2 months getting to know you and learning how to take care of you. I know it's just the beginning but it feels like and eternity already. You are the piece of our family we didn't know we were missing and I can't fathom life without you now. Everything about you is perfect because God, the creator of all heaven and earth, also created and molded you. You have a purpose here and a high calling in the kingdom of God. Your dad and I promise to do everything to teach you to become the man you were created to be, and the rest we will leave up to God. We will trust that you hear Him and that you will seek Him to teach you His ways.

I love you more than the air I breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment