April 4, 2012

Making a house a home

John and I have been in this house for almost 2 years now and it feels like we still haven't fully moved in. What I mean by that is, we have lots of art but it's not hanging on the walls (well some of it is), we don't have a coffee table, and we have very limited seating (which became painfully apparent when we had so many people visiting after the babe was born). We don't have credit cards so we very slowly have to buy bigger pieces of furniture for the house, or make it. John made our TV stand and our bed, and I made our head board. It has just taken time, but now that I'm at home full time I want to get things that can be done, well, done.

My mom got new rocking chairs for her front porch so she very graciously gave us her old ones. They are a fun red color that really liven up the front of the house. Solomon and I love to spend time out there now and often wait for John to get home. I made this wreath for the middle since you can't really see out door and can't hang anything on the screen door anyway. Now I just need to get a little table to go in the middle and a hanging plant to go where that old lantern is and it will look and feel a lot more home like.
Thanks again mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment